|“|| Water that may make you ill.|
Unsafe water is water that has not been purified. It is mostly obtained by melting snow. It also sometimes spawns naturally in the basin in Quonset Garage.
One liter (.13 gal) of unsafe water can be created by melting snow for 20 minutes at an active fire. Actually gathering snow to melt is not required, even if the player is indoors, although the player does require a recycled can to contain the snow as it melts into water.
Water is relatively heavy at 1kg/L and can quickly overburden the player in large quantities.
Water always remains at 100% condition and does not decay.
- Boiling 1 liter of unsafe water requires an additional 20 minutes at an active fire.
- To use purification tablets, locate the tablets in the inventory and select "use". The process is nearly instantaneous even though a progress bar appears. Alternatively, select "purify water" while in the fire menu. Note that a fire is not actually required to use purification tablets, and purifying water while a fire is active will use up burn time.
Water requires no container to carry, and despite displaying as a jug in the inventory, will appear as a water bottle when dropped.
- Quantities up to 0.50L will appear as a smaller bottle.
- Quantities between 0.5L and 1.0L will appear as a larger bottle.
- Quantities in excess of 1.0L will generate multiple bottles.
|Food and drink|