Current version Edit
Released 21 November 2018
Size 5.1 MB
- [ALL] Added online messaging feature to distribute game news through the Main Menu.
Previous versions Edit
Released 1 November 2018
This update disabled the 4 Days of Night event
Released 27 October 2018
This update included the 4 Days of Night event
Released 29 August 2018
Size: 67.9 MB
This update fixed two bugs caused by the previous hotfix, v1.36.
- [ALL] Fixed an issue that would relocate rifles after exiting a building or area
- [ALL] Fixed an issue that caused some containers to be unopenable
Released 27 August 2018
Size: 958.4 MB
- [ALL] Added new pop-up warning to prevent players from accidentally Eating Raw Meat or Fish when selecting them from the Radial menu.
- [ALL] Completed a tuning pass on several Cooking variables. Cooking times are balanced more closely (though not identically) to values prior to the Vigilant Flame Update, while still accounting for the benefits of real-time Cooking and multiple Cooking surfaces.
- [ALL] Fixed issue causing players to get stuck in the bowl object on the second floor of the Camp Office.
- [SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed Buffer Memories missing the Examine option.
- [WINTERMUTE] Added new Cooking Meat tutorial to increase clarity around uses for Raw and Cooked Meat in the game.
- [WINTERMUTE] Removal of Metal Shard at the opening of Episode One now happens automatically.
- [ALL] Fixed some instances of wildlife not using optimal paths when moving through the world.
- [ALL] Fixed not being able to stand up from Crouching when in a tunnel or cave.
- [ALL] Fixed issue where injured Bears reset their status when players enter an interior or Pass Time.
- [ALL] Fixed not being able to Pass Time when Cooking ruined meat.
- [ALL] Fixed Hatchet becoming instantly ruined when breaking down a table with a camp stove on top of it.
- [ALL] Top slot for Drinks in the Radial Menu is no longer reserved for Water only.
- [ALL] Player’s last Cooking Pot will no longer drop during a Struggle.
- [ALL] Fixed inaccurate Crafting times when there are fewer than 2 hours remaining to finish Crafting an item.
- [ALL] Fixed Melting Snow not progressing to Boiling if a player leaves the region.
- [ALL] Fixed Unsafe Water not continuing to Boil if Stove is relit.
- [ALL] Fixed improperly focused camera when Harvesting a Moose.
- [ALL] Fixed quantity of Water displayed in Radial Menu and Backpack not matching.
- [ALL] Fixed issue causing players to be unable to cancel Fishing in certain scenarios.
- [ALL] Fixed Notes in Inspection Mode missing the ability to scroll.
- [ALL] Fixed issue causing the Zoom option to be missing from the Map when using the Steam Controller.
- [ALL] Fixed issue causing inconsistency around which actions players can perform when inside a Snow Shelter.
- [ALL] Fixed being unable to place water inside Caves.
- [ALL] Adjusted space around placed items so players can arrange them closer together.
- [ALL] Numerous Environment Fixes.
- [ALL] Numerous fixes to locations where players can become stuck in the game world.
- [ALL] Fixed missing texture on the Fishing Line gear item.
- [SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed graphical corruption in Hushed River Valley Ice Cave.
- [ALL] Fixed audio not correctly fading in and out on load screens.
- [ALL] Fixed missing sound effects when a player suffers an ankle Sprain.
- [ALL] Fixed issue where shooting certain trees with Arrows would cause Moose sound effects to play.
- [ALL] Fixed issue causing wildlife audio to play when exiting a building.
Released 26 June 2018
Size: 148.5 MB
- [All] Fixed issue with untextured objects appearing in Hushed River Valley.
- [All] Fixed issue with invisible collision at the Mystery Lake Forestry Lookout that was preventing players from ascending and descending the stairs.
- [All] Fixed issue with Cooking audio being too quiet.
- [All] Fixed potential crash when entering a location where Water was left Boiling.
Released 20 June 2018
Size: 419.5 MB
- [All] Updated "Use" verbs to better reflect player activity in the game. Verbs should now more accurately reflect intended use.
- [All] Pass Time Until Ready when Melting snow now stops when snow is melted. Boiling to Purify melted snow is now a separate Cooking action, as before.
- [All] Cooking times for partial-unit food items now scale correctly. I.e. 0.5 Kg of meat now takes half the full-unit time cost.
- [All] Wildlife will no longer attack players during accelerated time, unless they were already detected prior to beginning an activity. This addresses an issue where players were being ambushed by predators during accelerated time actions.
- [All] Fixed Mac keyboard icons for Placement actions appearing on PC.
- [All] Fixed players being able to use a Recycled Can/Cooking Pot to cook when the item was at 0% Condition.
- [All] Fixed Quick Placement when using the Steam Controller.
- [All] Fixed exploit where players were able to restore burned food by placing it back onto an active cooking surface.
- [All] Fixed Mac trackpad secondary click not being active for Placement.
- [All] Fixed issue causing previously-killed animal corpses to reappear after updating the game.
- [All] Fixed issue causing active monitor to change when switching screen resolution.
- [All] Fixed players losing Placement functionality when interrupting Placement from the Pack.
- [All] Fixed camera bob persisting after lighting the Storm Lantern while walking.
- [All] Fixed issue causing players to exit the Fishing UI immediately after catching a fish, instead of being able to continue.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue causing arrows to become invisible after firing them.
- [Survival Mode] Many minor environment fixes to Hushed River Valley.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed numerous Hushed River Valley locations where players could become stuck in the terrain.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed Scrolling in Journal Notes.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed players becoming stuck in-between rocks near the bridge closest to Draft Dodger's Cabin in Pleasant Valley.
- [Wintermute] Fixed rare issue where players were permanently afflicted with Cabin Fever in some very old Wintermute saves.
- [Wintermute] Fixed getting stuck when crouching inside Jeremiah's Cabin during Wintermute Episode Two.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where players were unable to place items inside Jeremiah's Cabin during Wintermute Episode Two.
Released 14 June 2018
Size: 1.1 GB
- New region: Hushed River Valley
- Added buffer memories
- Overhauled the cooking mechanic
- [All] Fixed Crows spawning below ground.
- [All] Fixed Intro Movie not respecting Master Volume settings.
- [All] Updated localization.
- [All] Fixed duplicated resolutions appearing in Options.
- [All] Fixed FOV being limited to 100.
- [UI] Fixed inventory actions becoming broken when switching between Keyboard/Mouse and Controller.
- [UI] Improved responsiveness of Resolution Selector in Options.
- [UI] Fixed Main Menu flashing briefly before intro video when running the game on Mac or in DX9 mode.
- [UI] Fixed missing Title when viewing Map Screen in Mountain Town.
- [UI] Updated Region Description formatting to be more consistent.
- [UI] Updated UI art to include Climbing Socks.
- [UI] Fixed Feat progress bars to better represent progress.
- [UI] Updated Main Menu Custom Mode text to be easier to read.
- [UI] Fixed Fish appearing with missing or bright colours when taken from a fridge and inspected.
- [UI] Fixed Earmuffs appearing on Paper Doll when equipping other Accessories.
- [UI] Moved "Sort" icon in the Inventory screen.
- [UI] Updated Clothing UI tooltips for all platforms.
- [Linux] Fixed light shaft rendering incorrectly.
- [Linux] Fixed audio not playing for some players.
- [Wintermute] Fixed checkpoint screenshot showing image from previous save.
- [All] Fixed momentary freeze when opening Inventory for the first time.
- [All] Fixed Light Source menu being unavailable when Flashlight is the only light source.
- [All] Scaled size of Fish to work with new cooking system.
- [All] Consolidated UI actions around a single verb - "Use".
- [All] Updated controller actions to support new Quick Placement feature.
- [All] Fixed Aurora not always appearing correctly when player is Passing Time/Resting at specific intervals.
- [All] Updated cooking surfaces around the world for new Cooking System.
- [All] Updated Campfire placement
- [All] Fixed UI not always updating after performing an action such as Purifying water.
- [All] Fixed Clothing Screen stats not always updating after changing clothing.
- [All] Fixed Living Off the Land achievement progress being reset when drinking tea crafted from Reishi Mushrooms or Rosehips.
- [All] Fixed items falling through certain rugs.
- [All] Fixed missing audio when crafting Tinder from Sticks.
- [All] Updated instant kill regions on cliff faces to be more forgiving in some locations.
- [All] Fixed incorrect text appearing when interacting with an active Fire during windy conditions.
- [All] Updated Disclaimer screen not respecting game language when set to Dutch.
- [All] Player can no longer eat ruined food from the Inspection screen.
- [All] Fixed Weak Ice warning persisting if player loads game while standing on Weak Ice.
- [All] Fixed Bear becoming stuck in animation when not in player’s view.
- [All] Fixed player being able to become stuck when attacked while Crafting.
- [All] Fixed Campfire rewarding extra Charcoal.
- [All] Fixed extra arrow being generated after Harvesting a corpse then saving and reloading.
- [All] Realigned Wolf positioning when it feeds off a Moose carcass.
- [All] Adjusted the speed of Rifle shot sound effect when firing indoors.
- [All] Fixed unintentional movement when player is using the Radial Menu with a Controller.
- [All] Fixed misaligned blood decal after harvesting corpse.
- [All] Disabled Radial Menu while holding a stunned Rabbit.
- [All] Lantern now shows Gallons when Imperial Units are selected. Was showing Ounces previously.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed Locations Discovered in the Stats screen to account for Regions with variable number of interiors due to ruined structures.
- [Survival Mode] General fixes for a wide variety of minor locations to make them easier to Survey.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed rare scenario where WINTERMUTE map could appear in your Survival Mode map list.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed Moose getting stuck in running animation when it dies while running.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed not being able to Survey Wolf Carcasses that spawn into the game.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed arrow trails remaining after firing an Arrow in certain scenarios.
- [Survival Mode] Removed Stone Church from Faithful Cartographer requirements, as it was causing an issue with legacy game saves.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed Moose entering hold position when player is holding a light source.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed wildlife resetting location after player transitions to a new Region/interior.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed player becoming stuck when saving and loading while on stairs.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed non-interactable brush near Lonely Lighthouse.
- [Survival Mode] Improved Moose pathfinding when under trees.
- [Wintermute] Fixed player being unable to save if they delete all their Story saves, while playing Wintermute.
- [Wintermute] Fixed several locations where Bear could become stuck during Jeremiah's Folly mission.
- [Wintermute] Fixed missing textures on Cache boxes.
- [Wintermute] Fixed controller input registering during Episode One ending, resulting in UI popup.
- [Wintermute] Autosave option now only appears when playing Wintermute.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where Player could not enter Hank's Hatch during the Episode Two side mission if they unlocked the hatch, but were missing the letter.
- [Wintermute] Fixed deer carcass disappearing at the opening of Episode One if Player interacts with, saves, then reloads game.
- [ Wintermute] Fixed Cabin Fever icon appearing in Story Mode, even though the player can not get Cabin Fever in Story Mode.
- [Custom Mode] Adjusted how Wildlife Flee chance is applied.
- [Custom Mode] Adjusted loot tables.
- [All] Fixed missing texture from the Burnt Flare when viewed in Inspection mode.
- [All] Fixed Smoke "glowing" at night or in fog.
- [Art] Updated Gun Rack scaling to better match Rifle size.
- [Enviro] Tweaked many item placements.
- [Enviro] Fixed numerous locations where objects clip into the environment.
- [Enviro] Polish pass on all Regions.
- [Enviro] Fixed floating snow banks.
- [Enviro] Fixed instances of bushes clipping into trees.
- [Enviro] Fixed Climbing Rope texture not appearing correctly.
- [Enviro] Fixed stretched texture on fallen tree trunk.
- [Enviro] Fixed numerous locations where players could become stuck.
- [Enviro] Updated various tree groups that were missing collision.
- [Enviro] Fixed some Ropes being difficult to interact with from the bottom.
- [Enviro] Fixed floating Rosehip bushes in Timberwolf Mountain.
- [Enviro] Fixed trees and bushes populating the same location in Desolation Point.
- [Enviro] Fixed Flag clipping into Lake Cabins.
- [Enviro] Removed extra exterior window on certain cabins.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed Moose scratch texture on trees appearing stretched.
- [Wintermute] Fixed Aurora during Episode One introduction sequence flickering at certain angles.
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Updated to 1.33 Vigilant Flame
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Updated to 1.33 Vigilant Flame]
Released 17 April 2018
Size: 363 MB
- [Gameplay] - Fixed rare crash that could occur when lighting a torch from a fire.
Released 9 April 2018
- Numerous Environment fixes
- General optimizations to improve performance
- Fixed several rare crashes
Gameplay & User Interface
- [Both] Update to allow Player to save their Journal from the Skills screen
- [Both] Players are now prevented from deleting in-use saves
- [Wintermute] Unlocked Chapters data now stored in backup location in case of data loss
- [Custom] Fixed issue that allowed progress towards feats disabled in Custom Mode
- [Both] Fixed issue with Flare shells being re-usable in certain scenarios
- [Both] Fixed issue where animals would disappear under certain conditions
Released 20 March 2018
Size: 1.2 GB
- Numerous Art optimizations to improve performance
- Numerous Environment optimizations
- General optimizations
- Update to Rewired Controller API for improved compatibility using gamepad/controllers on PC/Mac
- Fixed several rare crashes
- Disabled crash reporting for Modded games (to reduce the amount of non-relevant crash report data)
- [Both] Moose sign scratches now appear with the correct color and texture across all Regions.
- [Both] Fixed issue where player could become trapped when walking while crouched behind chair in Milton Credit Union office.
- [Both] Added Charging Station sign to the Orca Gas Station in Milton.
- [Both] Starfield no longer visible through light snow in Milton.
- [Both] Fixed issue causing a snowy hillside to appear inside a Broken Railroad Region Cave.
- [Both] Fixed scaling issue with toilets in Carter Dam.
- [Both] Blood Decals now appear correctly when Harvesting or Quartering.
- [Both] Fixed issue with some Rose Hip bushes appearing to float above the ground in Mountain Town Region.
- [Both] Fixed issue causing footsteps to sometimes look distorted in the snow.
- [Both] Fixed a gap in the terrain in Mountain Town Region, near the entrance to Mystery Lake.
- [Both] Fixed issue with inconsistent appearance of arms during Wolf Struggles.
- [Both] Fixed issue with terrain near the Collapsed Tunnel in Mountain Town Region that was impeding player movement.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where Ambient Occlusion improvements weren't visible on a bridge in Desolation Point.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue with incorrect snowy terrain appearing in a Forlorn Muskeg Cave.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where exiting buildings could result in a black screen.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where the Tractor near Quonset Garage was incorrectly illuminated.
- [Survival Mode] Improved presentation of thumbnail images in the Survival Mode loading menu.
- [Survival Mode] Improved road and bridge textures in Desolation Point
- [Wintermute] Items in the Hunter's Blind near Alan's Cave in Mystery Lake Region now have the correct texture.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where chimney smoke would incorrectly appear coming from homes in Milton.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where a gap could be seen in Jeremiah's neck during Episode Two cinematics.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issues with incorrect Rifle movement in Episode Two cinematics.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue with incorrect item texture on Lake Cabin Key #2.
Gameplay & User Interface
- [Both] Added Clothing UI Icons and tooltips when pressing R3 on gamepads.
- [Both] Removed reticle when aiming the Survival Bow (as intended)
- [Both] First Aid icon no longer disappears from the screen when Cooking or Boiling Water.
- [Both] Fixed issue causing awkward First Person arm movements when accessing inventory with Flashlight equipped.
- [Both] Fixed issue where Slope information would incorrectly appear when climbing up and down ropes.
- [Both] Clothing items no longer display incorrect damage textures at low Condition.
- [Both] Improved positioning for various Scrub Brush placements in the environment.
- [Both] Fixed issue where double-inputs were occurring with the Steam Controller when accessing inventory.
- [Both] Fix for being able to climb up steep objects the player should not be able to climb.
- [Both] Fixed issue causing players to get Cabin Fever in Wintermute. Cabin Fever is now disabled in all three Wintermute Experience Modes.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issues keeping Faithful Cartographer achievement from triggering.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where the Stone Church icon was not displaying correctly after being mapped.
- [Survival Mode] Removed fall death triggers on cliff wall above Milton Basin.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue that prevented players from Harvesting certain Tree Limbs in the game.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where the Moose Hide Satchel was not showing the correct bonus when the game was set to display Imperial Units.
- [Survival Mode] Improved ease of mapping the Cinder Hills Coal Mine entrances in Coastal Highway and Pleasant Valley.
- [Survival Mode] When selecting a Region in a new Survival Mode game, it will now always default to the last Region the player loaded.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where no on-screen message would appear when approaching transition between Mountain Town and Forlorn Muskeg Regions.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where the Harvesting UI could sometimes default to “Take All.”
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where the Paradise Meadows Farmhouse could appear unlocked by default.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue causing various tools to spawn incorrectly in Interloper and Custom Experience Modes.
- [Survival Mode] Players can no longer continue Crafting after a single Match burns out.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where subtitles remain on-screen after character voice over ends.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where crows would circle locations with no corpses present.
- [Wintermute] Fixed various issues blocking progress during the opening survival missions in Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where voice over subtitles were missing after sustaining a fall injury.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where Water in inventory was incorrectly counted, preventing Coffee and Tea brewing.
- [Wintermute] Grey Mother's Soup no longer remains hot for too long when added to player inventory.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue causing Fatigue to apply incorrectly when Rope Climbing.
- [Wintermute] Players can no longer Inspect Jeremiah’s Coat in Episode Two.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where text could flicker during Trust interactions with Jeremiah in Episode Two.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where smoke would not appear from the Trapper’s Cabin chimney, even though a fire is burning inside.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue in Episode Two Lake Gunshots Mission where the mission marker was not resolving correctly upon completion.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where error message "Failed to Restore the Game From a Previous Save” could appear incorrectly in Episode One, causing the player to return to the Main Menu.
- [Wintermute] Improved UI feedback when attempting to access empty sections of the Journal.
- [Wintermute] Players can now transfer stacked items to Grey Mother during a Trust interaction.
- [Wintermute] Changed location of First Aid Kit at the beginning of Episode One to make it more noticeable to players.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where Methuselah would appear at the wrong time in Episode Two.
- [Wintermute] Added container for player gear in Grey Mother's House and Jeremiah's Cabin. Using these containers will not affect Trust levels with either character.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where mission objectives from previous save games could appear at the beginning of Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where the incorrect UI label was displayed when players attempted to create a new save game.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue with Rifle sometimes not responding during Episode Two mission "Jeremiah's Folly."
- [Wintermute] Improved first-person camera motion to make it easier to interact with Metal Shard at the beginning of Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where Breaking Down catwalk planks in the Upper Dam could keep players from finishing Episode Two.
- [Both] Fixed issue with audio that was sometimes causing too much reverb effect when exploring outdoors.
- [Both] Firing a Rifle indoors no longer affects pitch and speed of voice over audio.
- [Both] Fixed issue where outdoor audio reverb could be heard inside the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad Region.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where character voice over reverb could be heard in caves, even when voice-over audio was turned off.
- [Survival Mode] Walking on the frozen river outside Milton now produces the correct footstep audio effects.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue causing incorrect audio to play when Crafting Tinder from paper items.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where fall injuries could lead to voice over audio that was out of sync.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where exploration music cues were not playing as intended.
- [Wintermute] Improved Fire audio during Grey Mother cinematics in Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue with cinematic freezing at the end of Episode One, which prevented the game from continuing.
- [Wintermute] Improved Mathis character position during Episode Two cinematic.
- [Wintermute] Improved Jeremiah's character position and audio syncing during Episode Two cinematic.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue causing the camera to incorrectly rotate during cinematics.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where audio and visual effects were out of sync when Will trips and falls during the Episode Two cinematic in Broken Railroad.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue causing Will and Jeremiah character models to vanish from the first cinematic when loading Episode Two and skipping the introduction.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where a chair would appear incorrectly during a Grey Mother cinematic.
- [Both] Fixed issue where interior lighting could create unintended shadows.
- [Both] Fixed issue causing players to get stuck on a fence in Mountain Town Region.
- [Both] Fixed collision issues with bridge leading to Paradise Meadows Farm.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where Bears could be stuck on broken ice in Desolation Point.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issues with player/terrain collision when walking around Hibernia Processing and on approach to the Lonely Lighthouse in Desolation point.
- [Wintermute] Fixed collision issue that allowed Will to partially walk through Grey Mother's rocking chair.
- [Both] Crows will no longer sometimes fly too low and into the ground as the weather changes.
- [Both] Crouching close to Bears no longer lets players move inside the carcass.
- [Both] Fixed issue where blood splatter effect could appear too bright against the snow.
- [Both] Fixed issue where Region and Location details were incorrectly displayed in the loading menu.
- [Both] Fixed issue where Region and Location details were incorrectly displayed in the loading menu.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where Wolves would sometimes be out of position when feeding on carcasses.
- [Survival Mode] Added no-spawn areas to the docks at the FIshing Camp in Coastal Highway, to keep Wolves from getting trapped there.
- [Survival Mode] Adjusted Soda Can location in Mountain Town Region to make it accessible.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where various doors were incorrectly showing a locked icon when Inspected.
- [Survival Mode] Improved camera position and framing of Moose carcass during Harvesting.
- [Survival Mode] Closed off an unintended exit from the Milton Basin area in Mountain Town Region.
- [Survival Mode] Fix for Wolves appearing on the Quonset Garage roof.
- [Custom Mode] General Resource Availability setting in the Custom Toolbox now more accurately reflects the corresponding Resource level in each Experience Mode, i.e. if it is set to "Low," no Hunting Knives will spawn, as in Interloper.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where players could walk through the tree at the crouch tutorial location in Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue with Wolf feeding animation at Paradise Meadows Farm in Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where Region information was appearing at incorrect times when transitioning from interior to exterior locations.
- [Wintermute] Fixed several issues that could block progression during Grey Mother missions in Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Improved camera position when interacting with Astrid's Case at the beginning of Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Added a decimal point to Deer Meat amount in player's inventory for Episode Two, adding clarity to the completion of the "Survival School" missions.
- [Wintermute] Removed feeding Wolf from Forlorn Muskeg Region that would appear unaffected by the Aurora.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where an error message could appear after progressing to Day 5 in opening Survival Bowl section of Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Players can no longer place a Storm Lantern on Grey Mother's head.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where inventory items could be lost after cancelling out of a Trust interaction with Grey Mother.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue with icons sometimes not appearing on map in Episode One.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where player would sometimes be standing on a chair after finishing dialogue with Grey Mother.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue with mouse inputs instantly loading manual save files in the Story save menu.
- [Wintermute] Added fade to black transition at the end of Episode Two cinematic in Jeremiah's Cabin, to avoid potential gameplay interruption.
- Steam - The Long Dark -- The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.27
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Hotfixed to v1.27 on STEAM
Released 21 December 2017
- [Both] Fixed issue where displaced arm animations could appear for certain harvesting actions.
- [Wintermute] Updated Green Survivor description text; Predators are less deadly in this Experience, but will still attack you when unprovoked. (i.e. Green Survivor does not match Pilgrim settings.)
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where items could disappear from the Milton House after breaking down the blanket.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where stored items would be duplicated and could appear in more than one location at once. This affects the following locations: Lake Cabins, Fishing Huts, Jackrabbit House and PV Crossroads House. Please note this fix only applies to games created using Version 1.21 and onward.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where a map icon may automatically appear for specific locations when they are entered (ex. Stone Church in Desolation Point) rather than through Charcoal Mapping, which would result in them not counting towards the Faithful Cartographer achievement.
- [Survival Mode] Fixed issue with the items placed in one location could appear in a different location instead (i.e. we created a teleportation device!). This affects the following locations: Farmhouse, Farmhouse Basement, Dam, Dam Trailers. Note that this fix applies to existing games.
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Hotfix to version 1.21
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Hotfix to version 1.21 on STEAM
Released 18 December 2017
Size 420.0 MB
- [Survival] Fixed the Faithful Cartographer achievement. Fixes are retroactive but may require performing one mapping action per region to update the Achievement "checklist".
- [Survival] Fixed issue with stored loot being reset in the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse, as well as other (unreported) instances of loot being lost. Previous loot should now be restored.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where player could end up with second, untreatable "Plane Crash Injuries" due to conflict between manual save and checkpoint.
- [Both] Fixed crash on 32-bit Windows XP systems.
- [Both] Fixed crash when changing resolution on DirectX 9 systems.
Released 18 December 2017
- Fixed issue where some localized strings were not properly integrated into the game.
- Fixed issue where some interiors would be duplicated and have duplicated gear items, when playing using a Custom Experience Mode.
- Fixed issue with code-entry for the Custom Experience Mode appearing "all caps".
- Fixed issue where Antibiotics were not curing Infections.
- Fixed issue where all caught Fish had the same weight.
- Fixed issue where some customization options would not persist when modifying a "baseline" Experience Mode using the Custom Experience Toolbox.
- Fixed issue where Feats Badges could not be enabled when using a Custom Experience Mode. Progress playing when using a Custom mode will not count towards Feats progression, however, and this is by design.
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Hotfix to version 1.17
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Hotfix to version 1.17 on STEAM
Released 7 December 2017
Size 796.8 MB
- Added the Moose to all Survival Mode regions.
- Added the Broken Ribs Affliction.
- Added the Moose-Hide Cloak gear item.
- Added the Moose-Hide Satchel gear item.
- Milton is now playable in Survival Mode, as "Mountain Town", including a full Loot and Wildlife pass.
- New Save System for WINTERMUTE.
- New Experience Modes for WINTERMUTE: Green Survivor, Capable Survivor, Hardened Survivor
- New Custom Experience Toolbox for Survival Mode.
- New Worn Clothing Weight Modifier.
- Added Aurorified Lighting to all regions; these appear when the Aurora is active at night.
- General texture clean-up.
- General art optimizations to improve performance.
- Reduced opacity of nighttime breath effect.
- Additional beautification around Coastal Highway Quonset
- Additional beautification around Pleasant Valley townsite.
- [Wintermute] Added missing texture to chair in cinematic.
- Fixed floating bones in Forlorn Muskeg Bear Den.
- Fixed floating Wood object in Mountain Town.
- Fixed the sun position in all regions to ensure it rises in the East and sets in the West.
- General clean up on "out of bounds" areas.
- [Survival] Fixed inaccessible loot in Turbine Room of Carter Hydro Dam.
- [Survival] Fixed inaccessible loot under bed in the Coastal Highway Quonset.
- [Survival] Fixed inaccessible loot in Cave in Mountain Town.
- [Survival] General loot tuning for Broken Railroad region.
- [Survival] Fixed inactive container item in Hunting Lodge basement.
- [Survival] Fixed missing corpses and containers in Broken Railroad region.
- [Wintermute] Fixed progression blocker related to Wood Bin and Flashlight in the Hunting Lodge.
- [Survival] Milton is now accessible from both Forlorn Muskeg and Mystery Lake regions.
- [Wintermute] Fixed missing translated strings for "Lake Gunshots" side mission.
- [Wintermute] Current episode progress (% Completed) is now displayed as part of Save Game information.
- [Survival] Fixed issue where player could get into a half-buried car on Coastal Highway.
- [Survival] UI updates to clarify Encumbered and "buffed" carrying capacity states.
- [Survival] Loot updates to Pleasant Valley to reflect additional beautifications.
- [Both] Added numbering to Afflictions in the First Aid UI to make it easier to treat when there are multiple instances.
- [Both] Fixed some inconsistencies in UIs that presented "cancel" options where that functionality did not exist.
- [Wintermute] Added some failsafe logic to ensure the Old Bear doesn't get stuck and prevent completion of the Bear Hunt mission.
- [Both] Reduced Deer carcass quartering time to 60 minutes, to improve balance against Bear and Moose quartering times.
- [Wintermute] Modified aurora appearance timings after the player completes the Bear Hunt mission in Episode Two. Aurorae should appear more frequently now.
- [Both] Controller bumpers can now be used to toggle between Harvesting and Quartering interfaces.
- [Both] Fixed issue where lit Lantern would be dropped during a Struggle, and end up back in the player's Backpack without being extinguished, thereby using up all the fuel. Lit Lanterns will now be dropped in a Struggle.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issues where items returned from a Trust interaction might not appear correctly in the player's Backpack.
- [Both] Fixed issue where player camera would be inside the Bear mesh during carcass harvesting.
- [Wintermute] Fixed issue where player would take no damage when standing inside Grey Mother's fire.
- [Survival] Fixed an issue where a few tunables in Interloper were defaulting to Stalker settings. Interloper should be more challenging now, as a result.
- [Both] Fixed some bugs with the Struggle system which could sometimes result in the player losing control.
- Several UI audio elements fixed.
- [Wintermute] Fixed bug where lit Flare audio could carry into cinematics.
- Moved triggers for "night is coming" gameplay VO to ensure they happen before it gets dark at dusk.
- Modified frequency of exploration music in Timberwolf Mountain region.
- General audio fixes for Grey Mother's House (Milton). Post Office (Milton), and the Hunting Lodge (Broken Railroad Region)
- [Both] General navmesh updates.
- [Both] The game will now automatically detect Polish and Italian text based on system language settings.
- [Survival] Added more backer info to Cairns.
- Steam - The Long Dark -- The Long Dark Updated to version 1.16 (33814) "RUGGED SENTINEL"
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- version 1.16 (33814) "RUGGED SENTINEL"
Patch 10 - Released 16 September 2017
Size 318.4 MB
May include spoilers
- Fixed issue with not being able to ascend rope in Broken Railroad region
- Fixed collision issue in Dam that could cause player to fall out of the world.
- Fixed issue with gamepad and Start Fire UI
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Hotfixed to v1.15 (32681)
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Steam Hotfixed to v1.15
Patch 9 - Released 14 September 2017
Size 318.4 MB
May include spoilers
- Improved screen flow leading to Episode Two once Episode One credits are complete or skipped.
- Episode Two: Fixed issue preventing Jeremiah's Flare Trust mission from triggering correctly.
- Episode Two: Fixed issue that could prevent Old Bear from progressing to next waypoint in Bear Hunt mission.
- Episode Two: Fix for Lake Cabin key using the incorrect key asset.
- Episode Two & Survival Mode: Added Rope Climb to River area in Broken Railroad region.
- Survival Mode: Tuned Aurora frequency values to make it more rare.
- Survival Mode: Fixed duplicated gear items in Trailer.
- Added scrolling for Journal text that won't fit entirely on screen.
- Fixed issue with gamepad controls when viewing Journal Notes.
- Fixed issue with Back button returning to Main Menu instead of previous screen when viewing Journal Notes from the Main Menu.
- Fixed issue with Cairn and Note collectibles not saving to Journal after death.
- Fixed issue where Flashlight pick-up "hot spot" was awkwardly large.
- Fixed issue where Backer text appeared as "N/A" instead of the correct English text in translated versions; this text is meant to be left untranslated in all languages.
- Fixed issue with duplicate Bears spawning in the Challenge: Hunted, Part Two
- Fixed issue with duplicate Jeremiah Knives spawning in Episode Two.
- Fixed issue with being able to get past the collapsed bridge in the Broken Railroad region.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Steam and PS4 now updated to v1.14
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Steam Patch 9 Is Now Live!
Patch 8 - Released 23 August 2017
Size 274.1 MB
May include spoilers
- Fixed issue preventing "Lake Gunshots" mission from completing correctly.
- General cinematics polish.
- Clarified Survival School "Harvestable Plants" mission requires adding plants to crate outside Jeremiah's cabin.
- Fixed issues with Distress Pistol animation.
- General memory optimizations.
- Fixed issue where storage container in Lodge appeared to be interactive when it was not.
- Fixed issue where duplicate Trust option appeared for Grey Mother.
- Fixed issue where Torch Blueprint would not unlock correctly when starting a fresh Episode Two game.
- Fixed issue where players could return to Milton after completing Episode One.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- STEAM + PS4 Updated to v1.12 (32503)
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Steam Patch 8 Is Now Live!
Patch 7 - Released 16 August 2017
Size 261.9 MB
May include spoilers
- Fixed issue with post-FX not rendering correctly on Linux when using Medium or higher display settings.
- Fixed issue with movie files not playing correctly on Linux.
- Fixed issue with Jeremiah's Flare Cache not spawning correctly. This fixes a blocker in getting the Supply Caches achievement.
- Fixed several small typos in various Trust dialogues.
- Memory optimizations.
- Fixed issue where Survival music could occasionally be heard in a story episode.
- Fixed issue where Jeremiah would be inanimate after completing the Bear Hunt mission.
- Fixed issue where the Snow Shelter would not unlock properly after completing the relevant Trust unlock.
- Fixed issue where Methuselah cinematic might not play in Renewed Hope mission.
- Fixed issue where Rifle could end up in a broken state when reloading during a door transition.
- Fixed issue in Survival Mode where the female survivor voice sometimes plays when playing as the male survivor.
- Fixed issue with a series of multiple exertion sounds being played after a Bear struggle.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- STEAM Patch 7 Is Now Live!
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Patch 7 Is Now Live!
Patch 6 - Released 11 August 2017
Size 414.7 MB
May include spoilers
- Memory and performance optimizations.
- Fixed issue where Methuselah may not trigger correctly in certain circumstances in Episode Two.
- Fixed issue with "Hank's Hatch" side mission in Episode Two.
- General fixes to various cinematics.
- Fixed issue with players teleporting when exiting the Lone Lake Cabin in Episode Two.
- Fixed issue where players could get stuck in Grey Mother's Fuel mission in Episode One.
- Fixed issue with text jittering on some screens.
- Retuned Food and Fuel requirements of respective Grey Mother missions in Episode One.
- Fixed camera crashing during Climb and Harvesting animations when FOV is over 90 degrees.
- Fixed a variety of annoying collision bugs throughout.
- Fixed issue where the Flashlight's "high intensity" setting was ineffective against Aurora Wolves.
- Fixed endlessly feeding Wolf in Milton.
- Fixed issue where players could sometimes get stuck in a dialogue sequence.
- Fixed issue with overlapping text in the Give Items portion of the Trust interface.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- STEAM PATCH 6 is now Live!
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Patch 6 Is Now Live!
Patch 5 - Released 9 August 2017
Size 261.0 MB
May include spoilers
- Fixed issue with Rope Fall section of Episode One, where players could get stuck due to a scripting bug.
- Improved cover flow UI for Episode Selection to make it more obvious that there are two available episodes.
- Fixed issue with Aurora probability in Survival Mode. Auroras should now appear more reliably.
- Difficulty tuning of Wolves in Episode One. Struggle should be more survivable for new players.
- Fixed some camera popping in Episode One cinematics.
- Fixed scripting error in "Fix My Rifle?" that could create mission logic issues.
- Fixed issue in Bear Hunt mission where the Ear would not spawn under certain circumstances.
- Fixed issue with Mackenzie clipping through the chair in some Episode One cinematics.
- Fixed issue with missing Milton Knowledge strings.
- Fixed issue with not being able to pick up the Bear Hide in Survival School.
- Fixed issue where the note with the Code would not appear in "Hank's Hatch" side mission.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- STEAM PATCH 5 now live!
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Patch 5 is now live!
Patch 4 - Released 4 August 2017
Size 219.6 MB
May include spoilers
- Fixed blocking issue where the Aurora would not appear in Episode Two, between completing the Bear Hunt mission and awaiting the aurora's return to get through the Dam. This fix is compatible with current in-progress games so you should not have to restart to benefit from it.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- STEAM: Patch 4 is Now Live
- Steam - The Long Dark -- The Long Dark -- Patch 4 Is Now Live!
'Patch 3' - Released 4 August 2017
- Tuned Antiseptic so that one dose is sufficient to treat Infection Risk.
- Added missing audio for picking up Astrid's Hardcase on Day 4.
- Added additional checkpointing in Ep1 and Ep2.
- Cinematics polish.
- Additional optimizations for performance and memory use.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- STEAM: Patch 3 for The Long Dark is Now Live!
- Steam - The Long Dark -- Patch 3 Is Now Live!
Patch 2 - Released 3 August 2017
May include spoilers
- Fixed save/restore issue that could result in missing loot in scenes when reloading from a checkpoint. This bug was preventing some quests from being completable after reload.
- Fixed the Bear struggle.
- Fixed issue that could cause player to spawn on top of a campfire in "Survival of the Fittest". It should now be impossible to place a fire and then spawn on it the following day.
- Memory optimizations to reduce chance lower memory systems will exhaust memory and crash
- Added some more tools in Milton.
- Fixed issue with Wolf AI not fleeing correctly when the player throws a lit Flare, Torch, or Stone at it.
- Fixed issues that preventing the WINTERMUTE soundtrack from playing correctly; you should now hear more music as you explore the world.
- Modified Fire objective on Day 3 of "Survival of the Fittest" to track how long fire has been burning, vs how long it will burn.
- Fixed issue where unlocked Crafting Blueprints could carry over to a New game.
- Fixed issue with Condition tutorial triggering after every death. It will now only trigger once.
- Add some missing subtitles.
- Fixed issue with Map Marker not clearing after retrieving Distress Pistol in "Light Up the Night"
- Fixed issue with “Echoes of Astrid” objective marker appearing during Grey Mother mission set
- Fixed floating campfire in Milton
- Fixed issue where looping Wolf "feeding" sounds remained even when the Wolf AI was absent.
- Fixed issue where feeding Wolves could face the player while still playing feeding animation.
- Fixed issue where Wolves would sometimes not go into their Hold Ground AI state when approached with a Flare or Torch.
- Fixed issue with map icon showing up for some Stone spawn regions.
- Fixed issue where player could get stuck on geometry in Milton.
- Hinterland Forums - The Long Dark -- Patch 2 for The Long Dark is Live!
- Steam - The long Dark -- PATCH 2 Now Live!
Patch 1 - Released 2 August 2017
Size: 267.4 MB
May include spoilers
- Added missing translations for Trust dialogue
- Fixed startup issues for some systems using DirectX 9
- Fixed issue with some books disappearing when dropped
- Improvements to checkpointing to help avoid getting into a low-Condition death spiral
- Buffed the Condition-restoration boost when player reloads after Death
- Added a Bedroll to the Cave in Chapter One. This can be used to Save your Game
- Removed requirement to drink Rosehip Tea in Survival Bowl; it is now an optional objective
- Fixed issue with Rifle Cleaning Kit disappearing after reloading a save
- Fixed issue with environment geo near the Climbing Park section in Milton
- Fixed various cases where audio could cut out
- Fixed flickering in cutscenes that could occur when using OpenGL (Mac and Linux)
- Fixed locked controls when throwing a stone and picking up a rabbit at the same time
- Fixed floating necklace when speaking with Grey Mother
- General cinematics polish
- Fixed scrollbar issue when transferring items to NPCs
- Fixed place object shader so objects tint correctly over decals
- Fixed issue with radios playing music when aurora isn’t present
Released 1 August 2017
Size: 2.7 GB
An official changelog was not released for the 1.00 version of the game. The following changelog is unofficial.
- Added episodes 1 and 2.
- Added the new region: Broken Railroad
- Revamped interior and exterior designs for the Mystery Lake cabins, Carter Hydro Dam, and Camp Office.
- New models and icons for food and drink items.
- Improvements and additions to first person animations.
- Added to and removed from the list of achievements.
- Removed Fluffy from the Carter Hydro Dam.