Tail Section is a location on Timberwolf Mountain.
Overview[edit | edit source]
At the end of a long series of rope climbs into the upper reaches of Timberwolf Mountain is the Summit, on which rests the Tail Section--one of the larger plane sections scattered across the mountain in a recent crash. The Tail Section is shielded from the wind, so you can start a fire there, which is essential because it gets extremely cold at this altitude, particularly in the morning or when the wind is blowing hard. It contains a number of cargo containers that can supply you with nearly every kind of item found elsewhere in the game. Emptying the containers results in well over 100kg of material so it takes quite a few days to loot it completely since the rappel up to the Summit drains around half your fatigue, and many rests are required.
There is a corpse underneath the plane's floor that you can reach by walking towards the abyss (take care). It can be reached via outside the plane or by slowly climbing down from the interior of the plane. However, the player has only one way to leave: the way back is a bit treacherous and you might fall from >3 m (if you are not careful enough), so make sure you remove your clothes, as they might be damaged in the fall. Normally, the corpse holds one Military-Grade MRE, and sometimes, some other random loot such as 1 rifle ammunition or flare shell.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- One of four locations currently known to have the Distress pistol, the others being the train caboose at the Ravine Basin, Fallen Lighthouse, Hushed River Valley and Thomson's Crossing (Only in episode 3) .
- Several metal containers (random loot)
Cargo containers[edit | edit source]
Cargo container A (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Door 1: balaclavas, wool toques, wool longjohns, and wool scarfs
- Door 2: wood matches and accelerant
Cargo container B
- Door 1: MREs
- Door 2: summit sodas and water bottles
- In Interloper it contains only 2-5 summit sodas
The box behind B contains nothing in Interloper.
Cargo container C
- Door 1: summit sodas, orange sodas, and Stacy's grape sodas
- Door 2: storm lanterns, quality tools, and firestrikers
Cargo Container D
- Door 1: tins of coffee and boxes of tea
- Door 2: peanut butter and salty crackers
- In Interloper it contains only this: 2-4 salty crackers
The 4 boxes near D contain nothing in Interloper.
Cargo Container E (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Door 1: heavy hammers, hatchets, hunting knives, and hacksaws
- Door 2: wolf pelts, deer skins, rabbit pelts, and cured leather
Cargo Container F (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Door 1: wool mittens, thick wool sweaters, expedition parkas, and fisherman's sweaters
- Door 2: wool socks, climbing socks, snow pants, cargo pants, and insulated boots
Cargo container G
- Door 1: a hunting rifle, rifle cleaning kits, and boxes of ammunition
- Door 2: bandages, antiseptics, antibiotics, painkillers, and emergency stims
The boxes near G contain nothing in Interloper.