The Summit is located on Timberwolf Mountain and is the highest accessible location in the game.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Summit contains three locations of Timberwolf Mountain. They are:
Access from Crystal Lake[edit | edit source]
One way to reach the summit is the following: (visualize the area on Whiteberry's map)
- From Mountaineer´s Hut, make your way to the Deer Clearing, you need to climb at least 1 rope (you can do it via the cave system or via the "echo ravine")
- After reaching the Deer Clearing, climb to Secluded Shelf and enter to the cave system (Cave B to Cave A on the map linked above), in which you'll find a tunnel that needs to be passed while crouching; this is the way out.
- When you exit the cave, turn right and reach the longest rope to the summit. You can rest on two ledges along the way. Even when over recommended encumberment (50 kilograms), you can still reach the summit.
Tips while climbing[edit | edit source]
- Use the edges of the mountain to rest and recover stamina
- Climbing ropes quickly deplete your stamina bar and cause fatigue. Rest between rope climbing or restore fatigue by drinking coffee
- While blizzards can be dangerous, there are many nearby caves and good spots to make a fire and pass the blizzard.
It is possible to reach the Summit on the first day depending on the spawn. Because of the numerous rope climbs and the cave, it may be advantageous to prepare for the trip by accumulating coffee and bringing a light source.
Mountaineering Ropes are not necessary on the return trip to the mountaineer's hut, but they may make the trip easier and they will grant the player fast access to Eric's falls and another cargo container full of tin cans of food (normally, there are three ropes that always spawn: two around the summit and the Tail section, and one in the mountaineer's hut). An alternative and very speedy way to descend the mountain is to carefully walk down the side of the mountain facing Crystal Lake.