|“||A box of rifle rounds.
|“||A single .303 rifle round.
Rifle ammunition is .303 ammunition for the hunting rifle. It can be found alone, as a single round, or as several rounds in a box of rifle ammunition. It can also be crafted at an ammunition workbench.
The box is branded as a product called Bullseye.
When a shot is taken, an empty rifle shell casing will drop to the ground, which can be picked up for creating new bullets.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The character will load five rounds into the magazine at a time using stripper clips. Any number of rounds less than five are loaded one-by-one.
- Due to their small size, single rifle rounds are often hard to find when lying around the inside of a structure.
- Rifle rounds can be found on corpses, as well as lying on the floor of the inside of a building.
- Dropped rounds appear as a box of rounds when dropping more than one at a time, even if an actual box of ammunition is never found.
- Empty shell casings always drop directly beneath the player, regardless of firing angle even though the visuals suggest it is thrown to the side.
- The ammo's real life counterpart is the .303 British Rifle cartridge, which was produced in the early 1900's.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rifle rounds in The Long Dark are often rare. Use your ammunition wisely even if it is renewable (for a moment) thanks to the ammunition workbench.
- Rifle rounds are found either in a small, red and grey coloured cardboard box or alternatively if the player has a keen eye can be spotted singly in fishing huts and other buildings.
- Hunting rabbits with the hunting rifle is not very effective, as the rabbits are small and fast, and they can be hunted with stones found on ground instead of ammunition. So you can save your ammunition for more difficult hunts.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Cooking||Can opener • Cooking pot • Recycled can|
|Ice Fishing||Fishing tackle • Hook • Line|
|Lighting||Flare • Flashlight • Marine flare • Storm lantern • Torch|
|Mending||Quality tools • Rifle cleaning kit • Sewing kit • Simple tools • Whetstone|
|Sleep||Bear skin bedroll • Bedroll|
|Story||Jeremiah's knife • Scrap metal shard|
|Other||Charcoal • Mountaineering rope • Snare • Spray Paint|