A firearm's ability to attack from a distance means that a player can frighten or kill attacking predators from a less dangerous position.
The revolver is a tool used to fire revolver ammunition at targets. The high-velocity rounds travel in a straight line and can cause significant injuries to smaller animals. However, the weapon's relative lack of stopping power makes it better suited for scaring off stalking or charging wildlife. The weapon's loud discharge alone can be enough to drive away hostile animals, as well. The revolver can also be fired or used as a melee weapon during struggles with wolves, but other tools may be more effective in this scenario.
If a shot hits the targeted animal (indicated by a spurt of blood) but fails to immediately kill it, the round will still sometimes result in a bleeding wound that will leave a blood trail on the ground. Over the course of several game hours, the wound might eventually kill the animal. Expended rounds disappear.
There are guaranteed Revolver spawns somewhere in Hushed River Valley, Pleasant Valley, and Desolation Point. (There are more that aren't guaranteed.)
Revolver Firearm SkillEdit
Steadfast Ranger update also added a new, 8th, skill to the game: Revolver Firearm Skill. This skill affects the operation, decay, and cleaning of the revolver. Bonuses for levels 2 - 5 are listed below.
Level 2 - NoviceEdit
- Recoil compensation increased by 25%
- +2 condition per repair action.
Level 3 - SkilledEdit
- Struggle effectiveness increased by 10%
- Recoil compensation increased by 35%
- +3 condition per repair action
Level 4 - ExpertEdit
- Aim Assist: Minor
- Struggle effectiveness increased by 20%
- Recoil compensation increased by 50%
- 4 condition per repair action
Level 5 - MasterEdit
- Per-use degradation reduced by 50%
- Aim assist: Moderate
- Recoil compensation increased by 70%
- Struggle effectiveness increased by 30%
- 5 condition per repair action
Note: It took 71 successful wildlife hits and reading 3 Small Firearms research books to reach Level 5. One book = 10 skill points, suggesting 100 skill points to reach Level 5 (10 + 20 + 30 + 40).