|“||Metal tool designed to help start fires in the wilderness.
The Firestriker is a tool for lighting fires.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Firestrikers are reusable firestarting tools, which increase the probability of successfully lighting a fire by 15%.
- They are discovered in random states of condition and cannot be repaired.
- Firestrikers can be rarely found indoors at high value locations, often hidden behind or between furniture.
- Each use lighting a fire or a Torch reduces the tool's condition by 2%, so a firestriker can at most used 50 times before it breaks down.
- Unlike Wood Matches and Cardboard Matches, the Firestriker cannot be used as a temporary light source.
Location[edit | edit source]
Firestrikers are found rarely at indoor locations, usually behind or between pieces of furniture, on shelves, or inside the drawers of Tool Cabinets, such as the Quonset Gas Station or Signal Hill. They can also be found inside containers or on/beside corpses.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of their impressive +15% increased chance to starting fires, Firestrikers are very useful early on when Firestarting Skill is low, particularly with a Stick as the initial fuel source. This helps to conserve matches until Firestarting Skill is a higher level, where they succeed more reliably.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Modeled after ferrocerium-and-steel type fire starters that provide oxidizing cerium sparks as a temporary ignition source. Popular amongst outdoorsmen and survivalists due to their compact size, durability and resistance to water.
- The firestriker is based off the Aurora Fire Starter 440C.
|Starters||Cardboard matches • Firestriker • Magnifying lens • Wood matches|
|Tinder||Birch bark • Cat tail head • Tinder plug • Cash • Newsprint • Newsprint roll • Stack of papers|
|Fuel||Book • Cedar firewood • Coal • Fir firewood • Firelog • Reclaimed wood • Stick|
|Accelerant||Accelerant • Lantern fuel|