Overview[edit | edit source]
The bus, which was carrying inmates to Blackrock Federal Penitentiary prior to the First Flare, is half-buried in snow and rubble from the collapsed tunnel and cannot be entered. The frozen corpse of an inmate can be found nearby and looted. A briefcase can also be found nearby, containing the Prison Transport Manifest.
Story Mode[edit | edit source]
Although the locale can be encountered at any point while exploring Milton, it must be visited as part of the main Episode 1 questline. Grey Mother sends Will Mackenzie to investigate the tunnel, where he finds the bus crash and the collapsed tunnel. A cutscene shows Will noticing the scrap of clothing in the bus door, and then revealing the word PERSEVERANCE written in blood on the floor inside the bus, presumably by Dr. Astrid Greenwood, leading Will to believe that Astrid made her way to the town of Perseverance Mills.
Prison Transport Manifest[edit | edit source]
The Prison Transport Manifest journal item reveals that the transport bus was traveling to Blackrock Federal Penitentiary. The full text of the manifest is below:
|“||PRISON TRANSPORT MANIFEST
The following felons are slated for immediate transport to Blackrock Federal Penitentiary. Scheduled arrival: Thursday, November XX, 20XX:
Total roster: 13 inmates
Known medical conditions: None.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The names of prisoners are names of Hinterland Dev Team:
- WHITE, S. - Skylar White - Publishing Lead
- IRVINE, K. - Keilan Irvine - Testing Lead
- KANG, D. - Dennis Kang - Animation Lead
- KELLEY, P. - Paul Kelley - Character Artist
- HARRIS, S. - Simon Harris - Enviro Artist
- MATHIS, D. - actual in-game character
- GABAS, E. - Eric Gabas - Environment Lead
- NG, R. - Ray Ng - Animator
- LECLERC, Y. - Yannick Leclerc - Animator
- KOWALSKI, M. - Maciej Kowalski - Technical Artist
- BAKER, J. - Joel Baker - Programmer
- DESCUBES, V. - Vincent Descubes - Programmer