|“||The world has changed. But there's a chance for one last journey before the cold sets in. Walk the path, visit the graves, and make things right before the end.
As the Dead Sleep is the seventh Challenge to be added into the game. In the challenge, you have to visit five graves in marked locations around Great Bear Island. It is considered the hardest Challenge currently in the game, and was inspired by community-created Deadman custom difficulty.
You always spawn in Fallen Lighthouse at Bleak Inlet. The game is set to Interloper difficulty, making wildlife aggressive and loot rare. In this challenge, you cannot heal by sleeping. Birchbark tea is also disabled. The only way to heal is by locating and using emergency stims. Deer and rabbits do not spawn, though deer carcasses are still available to scavenge.
The graves are in the following locations:
- Maintenance Yard in Broken Railroad
- Many Falls Vista in Hushed River Valley
- Crystal Lake in Timberwolf Mountain
- Ravine Basin in The Ravine
- The Riken in Desolation Point
As the player is completing this challenge once they visit a grave the thoughts of the survivor will be displayed on screen, they will be displayed in the same order no matter what grave is found first. the quotes are as follows:
- 1) I found the water. Like I promised. Where the rivers meet the sea. A bitter and empty place. You were right.
- 2) We were all so cold. More than we could take. No escape from it. Please forgive me.
- 3) I left you behind. My guts freezing. my feet on fire. Each step a hundred years. It was too far, too far.
- 4) Why couldn't you hold out? Why couldn't I let go? Are you at rest? Is there sky above where you are?
- 5) The world falling away. Did you know already, somehow? Before you left us? The lights, they used to go on.
- This challenge was introduced in version 1.64.